1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when accessing certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their computer, they can be used to recognise the user.
3. Types of cookies
3.1 Types of cookies depending on the entity that manages them:
– First-party cookies: These are cookies which are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third-party cookies: These are cookies which are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner of the website from which the service requested by the user is provided, but by another entity which processes the data obtained from the cookies.
3.2 Types of cookies depending on their purpose:
– Technical cookies: These allow the user to navigate the website, platform or application and use various options and services available such as: controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access sections, remembering the elements that are part of an order, carrying out an order purchase process, carrying out a request to register or take part in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing contents for sharing videos or sound, and sharing content through social networks.
– Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some pre-defined general features based on a series of criteria on the user panel such as language, type of browser used to access the service, regional settings, etc.
– Analytical cookies: These allow us, whether they are processed by us or by third parties, to quantify the number of users and therefore measure and analyse the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, we analyse how the users browse our website in order to improve the products or services that we offer.
– Advertising cookies: These allow us, whether they are processed by us or by third parties, to manage as efficiently as possible the offer of advertising spaces on the website, adapting the content of the advert to the content of the service requested or to the use made of our website. To do this, we can analyse users’ browsing habits on the internet and display advertising related to their browsing profile.
– Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow us to manage as efficiently as possible the advertising spaces that the editor has included in the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, from which a specific profile is created so that advertising can be displayed based on it.
4. What cookies do we use on the sankyo-sdt.com website?